One lesson I have learned from my first three months of blogging, It takes copious amounts of fine tuning to make sure that every part of your blog is up to date.
Then it hit me, why not just do a separate Periodic Update to touch upon the many aspects that have changed since they first appeared. Ureka!
I also get to use random photos that I like, but just do not mesh with any existing post to date.
- Portfolio: Yum brands spin off, Yum China does not really fit into my ‘dividend portfolio’. I have no doubt it will eventually pay out, but I decided to liquidate that holding and take up a position in Juniper Networks, JNPR. I now hold 71 shares of Juniper.(Portfolio)
- I purchased 3 ounces of Platinum (Philharmonics) because right now Platinum is trading below Gold, this is not the usual historical case and seemed like a good time to build up.(Precious Metals)
Added our First and Only affiliate link, SiteGround hosting. Because so far they rock.
- After a recent brush with type II Diabetes, I may have found a motivation to cut down on my giant restaurant spending problem (I May Have a Problem with Food)
- Spent some more money on Big Ticket Items; Ductless A/C at the cottage ($2,500) and got final numbers on 2 more items crossed of (The Wish List). Granite Counter tops ($3,960) and fireplace remodel ($2,900). These were expensive but we used money from the sale of an inherited house. (My Windfall and Me).
- I updated our annual (Retirement Savings per Check) to be current.
- The family Budget is now reflects paying off ALL of our Student Loans! (Our Budget).
- We opened up (The Cottage) for the summer season, it is slated for $ 17,475 worth of rentals this year so far.
- I have been at my very own domain for about a month now and here are my numbers;
- 8,009 page views since launching Feb 1,2017
- 51 published posts (average 12+/month)
- 151 comments (I need 53 views to average 1 comment left)
- I have collected 455 followers on Twitter
- 211 on Pinterest
I have always appreciated when youngish bloggers posted an update on their growth/traffic. It gave me a realistic metric to weigh my own progress against and decide where I should focus.
Here is where the majority of my views have originated from;
- Directory at RockStar Finance 419
- Twitter @othala_fehu 338
- Forum at Rockstar Finance 304
- Reddit 216
- Facebook 190
- PhysicianOnFire 154
- DividendGrowthCenter 79
- Forum MMM 79
- Earlyretirementdude 78
- WordPress Reader&Dashboard 72
- Search Engines 62
- Pinterest othalafehu.com 58
- Dividenddriven 47
And Here are the pages they have gravitated to most; I used to let my visitors scroll through full posts on the homepage, but I think now this is a mistake because you can not discern which ones they are really reading.