Happy Samhain! Once again it is time to compile updates from the four corners of my blog.
- I submitted me Second Official Guest Post, this time on White Coat Investor. Here is the link for my post “Law School for the Rest of Us“.
- OthalaFehu is now permanently listed on Reddit’s Financial Independence blog list(right side of the page), very pleased about this.
- There was also a collaboration with TrackingHappiness. He has a new Macro-post on the topic of ‘Can Money Buy Happiness‘ that we had a small part in. Building Bridges 🙂
- In stock moves, Dow Chemical and Dupont merged to from a new company DWDP. I held stock in both so now I hold DWDP. I beefed up my position in AAPL (Apple). Lastly, added 2 new dividend thoroughbreds, TGT (Target) and CAH (Cardinal Health). See Portfolio.
- In Precious Metals, I bought 2 more ounces of Gold to increase the Gilded Hoard. Not the best time to buy gold, but I was getting itchy.
- We bumped up our Deferred Compensation to $300/check.
- Rounded out another season ‘Up North’ at the Cottage. We will still get a trickle of tourists for the next month or so, but all in all our best season yet! Income outpaced expenses for the first timer ever!
- Participated in 5 more chain gangs over at RockStar Finance. SWAN FIRE Prowess Scoring, Money Maps, Frugal vs. Cheap, Emergency Preparedness, and Financial Mistakes.
- With October comes another data point on My Year over Year Net Worth. And it was up gangbusters! Best annual gain to date. Almost $250k!
Now for the Numbers at the NINE MONTH MARK,
- 40,021 page views since launching Feb 1,2017 (+ 17,700 from Summer Update)
- 79 total published posts (average 8.7/month) Up from 66 last season
- 430 total comments (I need 107 views to average 1 comment left) Up from 273
- I have collected 992 followers on Twitter (+389)
- 432 on Pinterest (+132)
- 675 on Facebook (+260) I finally made a FB Page for OthalaFehu, please GO THERE and Like/follow. Thanks!
- 451 on Instagram, finally getting the hang of this one.
- 83 followers by email/Wordpress (+29)
Tracing the path back to the following sources;
- Facebook 1,465
- RockStar Finance 1,438
- Twitter @othala_fehu 1,097
- Directory at RockStar Finance 966
- Reddit 956
- Retirement Manifesto 736
- Forum at Rockstar Finance 734
- Search Engines 429
- PhysicianOnFire 403
- Tie DividendDriven & Retireby40.org (both 113)
Popularity of my posts ranked;
- My Army of Loyal Henchmen
- Retirement Master Plan
- Net Worth
- Year Over Year Net Worth
- June Net Worth 2017
- Student Loan Hellmouth
- Da Budget
I neglected to attend FinCon 2017 this year because I wanted to wait long enough to make sure that this blog was not just a flash in the pan. Early next year, I will have hit my one year anniversary. I am thinking I will go to FinCon 2018.
Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year. Traditionally, it is celebrated from 31 October to 1 November, as the Celtic day began and ended at sunset. This is about halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals, along with Imbolc, Beltain and Lughnasadh. Samhain is the origin of our Halloween holiday.