This Blog Officially LAUNCHED February of 2017, making this Imbolc my 12 month Blogoversary!
I was really glad late last year when I realized I had about 10 posts or so in the hopper. This meant I was assured to last past my 1 year anniversary. The one year mark tends to separates the wheat from the chaff.
I was also really glad to pass the 50k mark of views in my first year. Albeit rather arbitrary, this was the milestone I hoped for when I was assessing whether or not I really wanted to stick this whole blog thing out.
It is also time once again to highlight the progress of my blog.
I did my first PodCast interview with Jace and Clark over at MillionairesUnveiled. It has not been released yet.
As as today, I have $118,000 less debt on the books than I did nine months ago. Not too shabby.
I started up an Account at RealtyShares. Will test it out in 2018 to see what I think of it as an investment vehicle.
I increased my silver stash over the 500 ounce mark with a $50 dollar face value bag of silver dimes, (pre-1965 90% silver) (35.75 ounces).
Increased my 457(b) Deferred Compensation to $500/paycheck.
Pleased to Share my Alexa Ranking;
Global 337,010 and U.S. 67,677
Now for the Numbers at the ONE YEAR MARK,
- 56,702 page views since launching Feb 1, 2017 (+ 16,681 from the Fall Update)
- 96 total published posts (average 8/month) Up from 79 last season
- 554 total comments (I need 102 views to average 1 comment) Up from 430 last season
- I have collected 1,359 followers on Twitter (+367 since last update season)
- 658 on Pinterest (+226)
- 766 on Facebook (+91) I finally made a FB Page for OthalaFehu, please GO THERE and Like/follow. Thanks!
- 507 on Instagram. (Up +56 since last season)
- 92 followers by email/Wordpress (+11)
Tracing the path back to the following sources;
This is using WordPress, Google gives me way different stats.
- Reddit 1,892
- Facebook 1,770
- Twitter @othala_fehu 1,545
- RockStar Finance 1,433
- Directory at RockStar Finance 1,252
- Forum at Rockstar Finance 905
- Search Engines 802
- Retirement Manifesto 563
- PhysicianOnFire 389
- Retireby40.org 127
Popularity of my posts ranked;
- My Army of Loyal Henchmen
- Retirement Master Plan
- Net Worth
- Year Over Year Net Worth
- Da Budget
- Student Loan Hellmouth
- June Net Worth 2017
Imbolc is a Gaelic tradition marking the beginning of spring. Most commonly it is held on 1 February, or about halfway between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. Originally a festival for the Goddess Brigid, Brigid’s crosses were made and a doll-like figure of Brigid, called a Brídeóg, would be paraded from house-to-house. Brigid was also invoked to protect homes and livestock. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals, along with Beltain, Lughnasadh, and Samhain.